Edit Photos Right from Gmail Because It’s So Cool
Google wants your photo mojo to blend so well with your email mojo, they made a button for it. That’s right, you can now edit your photos with PicMonkey, right from an image in a Gmail message. How awesome is that?
Here’s how the new feature works:
- Pictures attached to Gmail messages will show up as thumbnails in the mail message. Click the thumbnail.
- The image will enlarge, with an “Open with” button below it. Click the button.
- If you’ve already installed the PicMonkey Chrome app, you’ll see it under “Connected apps.” Click it and zoom: you and your photo are teleported, Star Trek-like, to PicMonkey to begin your edit-ification.
- If you see PicMonkey as a “Suggested app,” go ahead and click it and you’ll be instructed how to start the clickety-fast download to get this app operating within your Chrome browser.
- If you don’t see PicMonkey in either slot, click “Connect more apps” and go get yourself some Monkey!
Google rolls out new features gradually, a few kajillion people at a time, so if it isn’t enabled for you now, it will be soon. To learn all the geeky bits behind the story, read here.
Why is PicMonkey beaming about this? One question we want a lot of different answers for is: How will I get my pictures into PicMonkey? Every day, we look for new ways because we want your creative time to be a no-brainer. So you get to do it more. And instead of going to bed thinking I didn’t do anything fun today, you smile and go Man, that was fun editing my photos today!